The default availability status setting automatically updates the availability for the site’s operators once they are in an engagement. The options are:
- Retain previous status - once an operator receives an engagement their availability will automatically go back to their previous availability setting (either video, audio, or chat).
- Operators have the ability to manually downgrade their availability to either audio, chat, or unavailable depending on the complexity of their current chat(s).
- Set to available for chat only - once an operator receives an engagement their availability will automatically be set to chat once engaged. If other operators are available this will give preference to operators with higher availability in the operator selector.
- Set to unavailable - once an operator is engaged they are automatically set to “Unavailable: In Call”
- Use case: the manager prefers operators to engage 1:1. But, if the engagement is slow (perhaps the visitor is collecting documents to upload) the operator can manually adjust availability (to chat, audio, or video) to accept additional engagements.