Getting Started with CoBrowsing
What is CoBrowsing?
CoBrowsing is when both you and the visitor browse a website at the same time with your own cursors. This feature can be enabled during any type of engagement (Video, Voice, Chat, or OmniBrowse) and is incredibly powerful.
Some important facts about CoBrowsing:
- CoBrowsing will be restricted to pages that have SaleMove code installed. If a visitor were to click into a separate tab (i.e. Gmail), the CoBrowsing session would pause until the visitor returned to your site.
- CoBrowsing with SaleMove does not generate pop-ups, nor does it require any downloads.
- Once CoBrowsing is initiated, you’ll see two cursors in the CoBrowsing Area--one labeled “Visitor”. Now you can guide visitors around your site, scrolling up or down the page, clicking into other pages, etc.
How to Initiate CoBrowsing
Once you are engaged with a visitor you can offer to CoBrowse the site with them. Use a Lightning Message to let the visitor know you're going to begin CoBrowsing.
1. Begin engagement with a visitor (either reactive or proactive)
2. Hover over the Observation Area
3. Click the green button with the message “Click to Offer CoBrowsing”
4. Wait for the visitor to accept the CoBrowsing offer
This is what the Visitor will see after you send the offer:
While waiting for the Visitor, you'll see this message on your screen:
5. Begin CoBrowsing--Once the visitor accepts you can begin scrolling, clicking and navigating around the site.
Operator CoBrowse Control Buttons
Navigation-- operator can help to navigate the visitor back to the previous page by clicking on the "back arrow button" on the top left corner.
Focus on chat--operator can take the visitor to the chat window view in case visitor is using mobile device by clicking on the "text bubble button" on the top right corner. While visitor is focusing on the chat, the live observation screen on operator's side is temporary inactive. Whenever operator is clicking on the live observation screen, the CoBrowsing is again activated.
Stop CoBrowse--CoBrowsing can be ended by the operator without ending an engagement. For that, operator can simply click on the "X" button on the upper right corner.
What happens if we both click on something at the same time?
This doesn't happen often, but we get asked this question all the time!
We'll always prioritize the visitor's actions over the operator's.
Keep in mind though, similar to a face-to-face interaction, you are engaged in a conversation with the visitor, so there is typically a natural back-and-forth as opposed to a race to click a button.