Transferring Engagements: Step-by-Step
How to Transfer an Engagement:
1. While in an engagement click the transfer button on the top right, below the end call button.
2. Select an operator that you would like to transfer the engagement to [B]. The media availability is shown behind the operator's name. Operators can be searched by their name, email or team they belong to [D]. If your company uses multiple sites [A] you are able to sort through them.
2.1. Engagements can be also transferred to specific queues [C]. The transferred engagement is sent to the first available operator. For each queue it shows how many people are currently in that queue and what is the wait time. Start engagement transfer by selecting the preferred queue and click on “Send to Queue” .
3. Once you select the operator or queue, write them a message to make the transfer "Warm".
4. After clicking the "Start Transfer to Operator" button wait for the operator to answer.
5. The operator on the other side will receive the transfer request along with the message that you included.
6. Once the operator accepts the transfer you can let the customer know that they have accepted it, say bye and click on "Transfer Now"!
7. The visitor will be transferred to the new operator. The new operator will be able to see the visitor's previous chat history and if they look in the notes section they can even see the message you sent during the transfer.
If you transfer an engagement and the operator declines or does not accept it within 30 seconds, the transfer is stopped and following pop-up is displayed, showing the reason why transfer was unsuccessful.
Click “Back” and you will have the option to select another operator to transfer to.
When selecting another operator the "warm transfer" note you sent previously will be saved.
Keep in mind you still have the ability to communicate with the visitor while all of this is happening. This helps them stay engaged and not feel abandoned while waiting for someone else to assist.