Transferring Engagements: Step-by-Step
How to Transfer an Engagement:
1. While in an engagement click the transfer button on the top right, below the end call button.
2. Select an operator that you would like to transfer the engagement to [C]. If your company uses multiple sites [A] or multiple teams [B] you are able to sort through them.
3. Once you select the operator, write them a message to make the transfer "Warm".
4. After clicking the "Send" button wait for the operator to answer.
5. The operator on the other side will receive the transfer request along with the message that you included.
6. Once the operator accepts the transfer you can let the customer know that they have accepted it, say bye and click transfer!
7. The visitor will be transferred to the new operator. The new operator will be able to see the visitor's previous chat history and if they look in the notes section they can even see the message you sent during the transfer.
If you transfer an engagement and the operator does not accept you will have the option to select another operator to transfer to.
When selecting another operator the "warm transfer" note you sent previously will be saved.
Keep in mind you still have the ability to communicate with the visitor while all of this is happening. This helps them stay engaged and not feel abandoned while waiting for someone else to assist.